Tuesday, January 15, 2008

i'm calamity.

i have this really ugly laptop case that i bought around a year ago. at the time, it seemed like a good idea, but i know now, that it was an insane mistake.

it's a HOT pink sleeve and it's made out of this... synthetic fabric that i can't really understand. it's like foam with hot pink tights over top. just... it's bad. my heart was in the right place, i wanted something bright and i liked that it was a canadian designer selling independently.

so, for months now i've been thinking i should make myself a little sleeve. i wasn't sure... i was thinking wool... but then i started to think i would hate that in spring and summer, and denim was both wintery and summery...




this is it.
<--- it wasn't ever meant to look like this, but because i'm completely out of my mind and totally clumsy tonight (i'm covered in chicken stock i made for 4 hours and spilled all over me in 20 seconds, and a vodka that i made in the spirit of 'screw it all' that i just dropped all over me and the carpet, which means the vodka was in the spirit of 'screw you') it's not to the design specifications. for example... the flap was never meant to tuck in, but i sewed the G-D buttons on the wrong side. DER. however, it's a happy mistake because i like it better. and just so we're all in agreement that my brain is not working... i had to rip out stitches along the entire piece 3 TIMES... because i sewed the wrong sides together. yes, 3 times. anyway... i'm going to use it. it fits the bill.

5 comments:

Gigababy. Tips are appreciated! said...

me likes!!!

punchanella said...

me thanks. :)

Nancy said...

sounds like you are having one of those nights! well i feel you and send you my thoughts, though i pretty much have been living in a vortex of doom for about 2 months now. Other than the buttons i like the case alot though

Nancy said...

oh its random notions by the way, i am signed in under my other account right now i guess...

High Desert Diva said...

well, I gotta say, I like the end result
(and the screw it/vodka part)