Saturday, February 2, 2008

respond to the poll, help a sister out.


















i have been asked by a publishing company to submit one or more tutorials on how to make cozies (ie, things that keep your items cozy, like an ipod case, or a phone holder) for a book they are doing about making, well, cozies.

i am pretty excited. while it's not the most amazing pay in the world, it does put my items into bookstores, which is worth more. i really want to submit something unique for sewers to make...

when i submitted the doorstops to hallmark, the associate editor told me that she loved them and they were great quality... but the colors didn't work with the layout and pieces they had already chosen but to please get ahold of her when i have new products out. i felt upset, but i'm pretty confident about those little doorstops, they're a good seller, and they're something that i LOVE... i'm not confident about a lot of things, but i think the doorstops are A+. anyway, rejection is part of it... and at least i DID get solicited by HALLMARK!

back to the book. i want to submit projects that you think are pretty strong. i've set up a poll on the left hand side of my blog, and if you would oblige, could you respond to the poll so that i can send in my strongest...

kthxbye.

8 comments:

Livecreations said...

punchanella I like the colour and feel to your blog, I voted on the laundry cosy, just because I think it's really different and a cool idea, the others are also cool but I have seen laptop bags and paintbrush holders, I love the color and pattern of the paintbrush roll by the way....also I reckon the laundry bag will appeal to a wider audience, everyone has clothes that need washing and not everyone paints or has a laptop...hope this is helpful..

MGoodell said...

I love the colors and patterns you use. Its such a good idea to have a "cozy" for everything you own, and a handmade one is even better. I was beginning to get so tired of the same black and gray nylon cases they have for electronics nowadays.

RandomNotions said...

super congrats punchella! I am so excited for you!

RandomNotions said...

sorry can't spell your name...punchanella

punchanella said...

thanks so much for the feedback and support everyone! i really appreciate it.

i know i'm supposed to expect 90% rejection, but i think it would be fun if THIS one was part of the 10% acceptance. :)

Gigababy. Tips are appreciated! said...

oh my god, I must be on drugs ... I was reading along going wha? she wants to make covers for sewers??? as in sewer grates. Man I suck.
But awesome going on the gig. Your stuff is so super pretty!

punchanella said...

gigs, i don't even know what those would look like. get your mind out of the literal gutter!

:)

oliverlane said...

cool stuff! I love the fabric that you use - neato!
I also have to say, yours is the first blog I've seen with bejeweled on it...20 minutes later, I'm totally sucked into it.

Thanks for giving my procrastination an extra boost this evening!