Thursday, March 27, 2008

sometimes kids think they're little bosses


my husband thinks it's HILARIOUS to tell me our 4 year-old is bossy because of me. then i remind my husband to be quiet like i told him to until his time out is over. hmph.

anywho. i was stumbling (which is starting to be a bad/good habit of mine lately) and i came to the MomAdvice.com Blog, specifically this post. Go glance, if not read, so we can discuss... done? Okay.

I think this is a really good idea. I'm not into children being the bosses and masters of their own destinies. I think society today has gone a little too far with toddler 'rights'. Okay? Maybe that makes me archaic, but seriously, children have to do what WE say... because we're rational, and they aren't, my friend. Fact. Where was I? Anyway, this book she suggested seems well intentioned. I have a book with a similar message that was published in the 80's (don't ask) which works on the same premise, reward rather than punishment.

The tickets/rewards specifically is what caught my eye. If you read her more recent posts, you'll see that it worked swimmingly. I think it's worth a try. And I also happen to love making charts/posters of any kind, as well as playing with tickets.

I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

alicia said...

i wish i got rewarded for going to work "nicely".

twoluvcats said...

oh yay, i needed some inspiration like this for my daughter...we are at a stalemate over her room. We've tried a program on the computer for tracking rewards, but its not 'in your face' enough to keep her interested.

thanks for sharing!

ps - a commenter today posted a link to dotolearn.com they look to have some good templates for the uninspired. :-)

Gigababy. Tips are appreciated! said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm..
When I was a kid, my parents used money.
It was called "an allowance".
However, this is definitely the cheaper route. Will try when Jayde is older.

Heather said...

Hi there, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!!! They mean the world to us!!!