Friday, May 30, 2008

june cleaver hates me.


Here is an actual email I sent moments ago to a good friend of mine. We had plans for her to come over and watch movies. She asked if we needed to rent the movies...

Well, I have an extensive library of children's movies, so I think we're set. :| What movies do you have? The real option, as I see it, is renting something off of Rogers on Demand. Easy, peasy. Eli has my car, or I'd come pick you up.

For SOME reason, I decided to rearrange the furniture after work. I've yet to make dinner, and the house looks like we just moved in. Please, please come over to my insanity. I'm just going to do a little more picking up. Don't judge! ;) Pee before you come, my bathroom is BROKEN. You'll have to use my upstairs bathroom, and well, there's definitely laundry strewn across the bathroom floor and into the hall. Possibly toys, definitely dust. You've been warned.


So, like... 8:30? Just come here. There may be dishes in the sink. Alternately, I may be dead on the floor. Whichever.

See you soon, booze! I mean Keeley!

Sarah


What's even awesomer is that I finally made my child a BUTTER sandwich with goldfish crackers and milk for dinner (it's what he asked for). Cartoons have been on for a solid 2 hours. He's wearing no pants because he's into that, and to be honest, I'm wearing my husband's boxers because it's hot and my shorts are too tight (damn you, winter!). I found more junk on the floor while I was sweeping, and rather than put the things where they go, be it in a drawer or in the garbage, I threw them BEHIND THE COUCH. Lazy. I totally give up. I joke like I think it's funny, but I'm a domestic failure.



4 comments:

alicia said...

you forgot to mention the tin foil plates...

i love you.

punchanella said...

those were limited edition.

Laura said...

I was surfing the internet, looking for images of June Cleaver as a study for my Halowe'en costume, and came across your page.....I'm so glad I'm not alone in my house of insanity....THANKS!

punchanella said...

i'm glad your one of us, laura. ;) i think we're the majority, it's just that no one's admitting to it. he he.