Thursday, May 22, 2008

no time for lurking, only giving me feedback.


PLEASE CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO BE TAKEN TO MY FLICKR SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT THESE ARE...

These are my "Bling Slings". I take a lot of weekend trips, not because I'm extravagant or lucky, but because my extend family lives 3 hours away, and sometimes I get to go to conferences. That's... it. The only reasons I leave the house overnight. Grandpa and science. Anywaaaaaay...
I also wear a ridiculous amount of jewelry and I am terribly afraid of losing or damaging it. So I had this old Chinese brocade jewelry roll that I used when I traveled. It's good, I'm not saying it's not... but my whole mantra is that things that are useful should also be GOOD LOOKING.

So, that's why I made the Bling Sling (yes I always take this long to tell stories).

Anyway, I showed these to the ladies in my lab today, and they basically gave me blank stares. Well, one of them played with it (thanks Julia) and another was surprised that I MADE it on a SEWING machine, and the third... she was engrossed in her sequences and I'm not sure she even looked. My point is... 2 things came out of the showing. 1. No one could tell what they were without being told, and 2. They were comfortable shoving their jewelry into random bags and not worrying. (FOR SHAME!).

WILL YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?

Please, please, please post and tell me.

Yes, POST. Post a comment, lurk not!

14 comments:

RandomNotions said...

um honestly i had no idea what they were when i saw them on flickr earlier on today. but now that you explain it...either way though i love how it looks but honestly i would be too lazy to bring an actual bag for my jewelry. one cause i wear it all the time and 2 i have a small traveling jewelry box when i actually care enough. but once again i do think they are super pretty though and i love how nicely uniform your bows are, i envy those skills

Karen said...

I TOTALLY know what that is. I used to have one just like that (only not as pretty) and they are SO useful when going on trips. Sometimes though, for overnight trips, I just throw a few extra pieces in a little bag...but for a week-long trip or more, these are PERFECT. Love them!

punchanella said...

thanks ladies. :)

Gigababy said...

I need a mail bag.Yeah, you think about that ....

alicia said...

most people are retarded. are your bling slings ONSZ or what?

punchanella said...

i didn't think you could speak french. that's why i didn't put ONSZ.

Laura said...

1-they're totally beautiful. 2-i'm waaaay too lazy. maybe for a long vacation or something. 3-they're totally beautiful. 4-the name is awesome.

Flibbertigibbet said...

Love them! I also have a roll type thingy that I use for all my jewelry when traveling. My mom made it for me 'cause 1-anything more complicated than sewing together squares is beyond me and 2-I'm lazy. :-)

Thank you so much for sharing - are you willing to sell them on etsy? ;-)

Flibbertigibbet said...

okay - I am ashamed - I didn't have a chance to look/ go through all of your site before commenting. Want to buy some bling slings - where are they?

(LOVE THE SITE!)

punchanella said...

they are here:

www.punchanella.etsy.com

gigs, mail bag? are you switching jobs or what?

Rascallion said...

OK this is old news now but I just wanted to say that I really like the bling slings. Especially with the ring things...and I'm a poet......

Amelia Sprout said...

I totally never wear jewelry, despite my MIL giving me ton, but I totally love them, the fabric, just makes me want to have jewelry to put in it. (maybe I could get one to put the crap, I mean pretty stuff, in while just at home.
(totally found you via comments on another site, love the stuff)

Amelia Sprout said...

I totally never wear jewelry, despite my MIL giving me ton, but I totally love them, the fabric, just makes me want to have jewelry to put in it. (maybe I could get one to put the crap, I mean pretty stuff, in while just at home.
(totally found you via comments on another site, love the stuff)

punchanella said...

so yea, update... i've been making bling slings day AND NIGHT. women have been buying them as wedding attendant gifts which means i'm making 6 at a time. it's great/tiring!

the whole thing is, i love them sooo much i could make them all day and all night.

yes, i'm a huge loser.