Sunday, August 3, 2008

NaBloPoMo


So yea, I am doing NaBloPoMo this month. WHY? Because I'm way insane. The whole deal is that you have to post once a day for one WHOLE month. Woo...

This month's theme is HOT and so I thought I start with how I've been painfully hot-headed as of late.


1) I called the cashier at Fabric Land a bitch. That's right, I did it. She accused me of trying to SCAM a $1.80 card of buttons into the "4/$0.99" section. Indeed, she figured I was trying to cheat Fabric Land out of $1.55 CANADIAN. After she said, "oh, I guess it fell in there" I simply refused to speak to her. She handed me my bag after I paid (I HAD TO HAVE THE THINGS I WAS BUYING FOR AN ORDER, OR I WOULD HAVE WALKED OUT) and I said nothing. This... bitch, then had the nerve to say, "uh, you're welcome." That's when I said it...

2) I was at Angelo's (an Italian deli/lunch spot) waiting in line to cash out. An old man with a wire basket started edging up on me, finally jamming the basket into my back to prod me forward. Umkay... First, why do you need to stand so close to me? I have a personal cylinder of at least 1 foot, which I think is completely generous compared to other cylinders. Secondly, poking me? Really? I'M WAITING FOR MY HUSBAND to join me, he's behind you. If' you'd back the EFF up, he could get in. I may have mentioned one or all of those things to him... I don't know if he was shocked or confused, or didn't even hear me (which is, in fact, a possibility) but he backed up and proceeded left into the next aisle.

3) "Eli, stop picking your fingers or I'm going to punch you in the face!"

... things are pretty mental around here... and I realize I need to try and keep it together as I attempt to finish up (I'M NOT EVEN CLOSE, BECAUSE SOMEONE SUGGESTS THAT I SHOULD PROOVE A FACT OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER AGAIN 85 bazillion different ways, and YES, I know I'm being one of those students that thinks they know better because they want to get out of there). I don't want to be one of those grad students that I make fun of. I think I'll go take a lavendula bath and m e l l o w.

Anyway... see you tomorrow when we talk about more HOT things (could be more of me complaining). :)

5 comments:

alicia said...

the ladies at fabricland are always bitches. the lighting in there is exhausting and the thread displays are a disaster. they have the suburban fabric and notion monopoly and they know you NEED them. bitches.

punchanella said...

well eff them straight up and down. i'm opening up a fabric and notions store, and you're going to be my partner... prepare, alicia.

alicia said...

i want to be in charge of the pom pom trim department.

Gigababy said...

love it

punchanella said...

the pom poms are a very small division. if you're in charge of them, then i hate to say this... but you're also going to have to act as visual coordinator. hear me?